Planning & Zoning Boards
The Chandler Planning Commission prepares documents and reports related to the overall planning of the growth, development, and redevelopment of the Town of Chandler. The commission also oversees the uses of all parcels within the Town of Chandler, as well as assists the Chandler Town Council with determining residential, commercial, and industrial district boundaries.
The Chandler Planning Commission meets every second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Chandler Community Center. The Town of Chandler’s Planning Commission now has fixed dates for Site/Building Plan Reviews – the second and fourth Wednesday of every month at 9 a.m. at the Chandler Community Center. Both meetings are open to the public.
Current Planning Commission members are:
- Donna Williams, President –no term limit
- Rhonda Healy, Vice President – term expires Jan. 2, 2017
- Ray Jenkins – term expires Jan. 4, 2016
- Kim Burnett – no term limit
- Dave Woolen – term expires Jan. 1, 2018
- Ron Whitledge – no term limit
- Thomas Arflack – term expires Jan. 7, 2019
- Grover Fisher Jr., Executive Director of the Town of Chandler Planning & Zoning Department
In addition to the Planning Commission, the Town of Chandler also utilizes a Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) to conduct administrative reviews upon the appeal of any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the Executive Director, who serves as the town’s Zoning Compliance Officer. The BZA can also determine similar uses for property, as well as hold public hearings to determine variances to the Zoning Code to the Town of Chandler. The BZA meets on an as-needed basis. Meetings are open to the public.
Current members are:
- Ray Jenkins
- Donna Williams
- Rhonda Healy
- Kathy Lemmons