Planning & Zoning
401 E. Lincoln Avenue
Chandler, IN 47610
(812) 925-6882 | Email
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Chandler Planning & Zoning Department oversees planning and construction within the Town of Chandler with the following objectives in mind:
- to protect and promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of the Town;
- to prevent undue concentration of land;
- to encourage the most appropriate use of land;
- to regulate land use in the Town while preserving the rights of individual property owners to use and enjoy their land; and
- to promote the development of the Town in accordance with the Comprehensive Zoning Plan of the Town of Chandler.
Following those objectives and state code and safety regulations, the Chandler Planning & Zoning Department assists residents and property owners with applications and guidelines for construction, demolition, remodeling or other structural improvements or alterations, property modifications (such as pool, fence, drainage system and driveway installations), and zoning changes. The department also handles/issues any applicable Building Permits and required inspections for such projects. Find out more about Building Permits, associated fees, and find online applications on the Planning & Zoning Forms page.
Beyond assistance, the department provides code enforcement for the Town of Chandler, ensuring that structures and improvements meet all applicable safety standards and requirements, and that properties stay in compliance with local regulations. A PDF version of the town’s Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance and additional local building laws can be found on the Chandler Planning & Zoning Forms page.
Day-to-day operations are handled by the Chandler Planning & Zoning Executive Director, with oversight by the Chandler Planning Commission. Appeals are handled by the Chandler Board of Zoning Appeals. More information about these boards and their functions can be found on the Planning & Zoning Boards page.